Word of the Day – April 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the form of the word "begin" to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. He doesn’t know very much Italian. He’s still a _____________.
2. When did class _____________?
3. They’ve _____________ working on a new project.
4. Hilda _____________ work at 9:00 this morning, and now she’s taking a break.
5. The movie will _____________ in about five minutes.
6. Go back to the ______________ of the song. I want to hear the whole thing.
7. When it _____________ to rain, we all went inside.
8. Don’t _____________ the test until I tell you to start.
9. ______________ next year, costs for tuition will go up.
10. A political movement was _____________ to get rid of the country’s rulers.
11. My tooth ____________ to hurt about two months ago.
12. Do you want to _____________ a new lesson?
13. They have _____________ their new lives in the United States.
14. As a _______________ she has a lot to learn about driving a car.
15. At the _____________ of the game they were winning; now they’re losing.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.