An apology is an acceptance of a mistake. A person says he or she is sorry for something that was done.
- The man offered the woman an apology for hitting her car.
- Please accept my apology.
- I’d like to make an apology.
- My apologies. This won’t happen again.
- Will you accept my apology?
- Brian made an apology to his wife because he forgot it was her birthday.
- I accept your apology. (This is one way of responding to a person who apologizes to you. You can also say, "It’s okay," or…..)
- Apology accepted.
The word "apologize" is a verb.
- I apologize. (I’m sorry.)
- You need to apologize for what you did.
- We apologize for the inconvenience. (Businesses often say this to customers when there’s a problem.)
- Regina wants to apologize for her actions.
- Gordon apologized to the woman for bumping into her.
- Frieda’s supervisor has to apologize to her for accusing her of something that she didn’t do.
Click here to learn more words.
April 25, 2014