Use the word "sprinkle" when water, food, or other things are dropped or poured onto a surface.
- John used a hose to sprinkle some water onto the flowers.
- Use a sprinkler for watering your plants. (sprinkler = a device, large or small, that brings water to plants)
- Farmers use large sprinkling systems for their crops.
- It’s sprinkling outside. (There’s a light rain.)
- It’s not raining very hard. It’s just sprinkling.
- I sprinkled some salt on my french fries.
- Do you ever sprinkle sugar on top of cereal?
- After Bernice finished baking the cake, she sprinkled powdered sugar on top of it instead of frosting.
- There are sprinkles on this donut.
- I spinkled a little salt on my potato.
- There are sprinkles on the donut.
- This morning we got a light sprinkling of rain.
Do you need help with the "spr" sound? Click here.
Click here to learn more words.
May 1, 2014