To study is to focus one’s attention on a subject for the purpose of learning about it. You probably already know the meaning of this word, so here I’ll show you what it looks like in various tenses:
The adjective form for this word is "studious."
- If Zefferino were more studious, he’d do better in school.
- Kids on this campus are known for being studious.
- Desks, tables, and wooden chairs create a more studious environment than couches and bean bag chairs.
This word can also be used as a noun. A study is something that is researched or involves experimentation.
- A medical study revealed the long-term benefits of exercise.
- I read an interesting study about the impact of plastic in the environment.
- The university is conducting a study to determine the affects of low-level radiation on the human body.
He studies online.
Click here to learn more words.
Published on April 19, 2014. / Updated on February 10, 2018.