"Advice" is a recommendation, an idea, a suggestion. The word "advice" is a noun. You get advice from friends, family members, experts, and even strangers. You can get advice from anyone.
- My friend, Bob, gave me some very good advice about how to grow tomatoes.
- I’m traveling to Europe. Do you have any advice for me?
- That’s good advice.
- He gives good advice.
- Thanks for your advice.
- You should take her advice.
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a business?
- Michelle needs some advice. She wants to buy a computer, but she doesn’t know which one to get.
- Let me give you some advice about learning English. It’s very important to practice reading every day.
Don’t confuse the word "advice" with the word "advise," which is a verb.
- Who advises you at school?
- Who gives you advice?
William refused to take his wife’s advice.
Click here to learn more words.
August 11, 2014