The verb "receive" is similar to the verb "get."
- Dan got an email from his boss.
- Dan received an email from his boss.
- Patricia got a package in the mail.
- Patricia received a package in the mail.
- The students got rewards for their accomplishments.
- The students received rewards for their accomplishments.
- Our friends got some bad news yesterday.
- Our friends received some bad news yesterday.
- Mary gets money from her family.
- Mary receives money from her family.
The level of diction for the word "receive" is higher than it is for the word "get," so in some circumstances it might be a better choice.
He receives a lot of email every day at work.
Click here to learn more words.
August 2, 2014