To glide is to move easily on a surface or through the air:
- Airplanes glide over my house every day.
- Ice skaters glide on the ice.
- Sledders, skiers, and snow boarders glide down hills and mountains.
- You can glide effortlessly through school if you take easy classes, but it’s a good idea to challenge yourself.
- Sliding glass doors glide open and closed.
- Vowel and consonant sounds glide together when you speak a language.
- There’s no better feeling than gliding down the highway on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
Click here to learn more words.
Published on January 7, 2014