Word of the Day – July 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. What would you _________ to have for breakfast?
2. Claudia believes her new apartment will perfectly __________ her needs.
3. It’s going to be another hot and __________ day today.
4. Geoffrey’s parents spared no __________ in making sure he got a good education.
5. Go ahead and __________ yourself to more food. There’s plenty.
6. The standard __________ for servers at a restaurant is 15 to 20%.
7. She should just __________ her critics and instead focus on her artwork.
8. Runners who don’t __________ before running risk injury to their legs.
9. Cherries are __________ when they turn bright red.
10. Gabriella wants to __________ a volunteer organization and help her community.
11. What is this yellow button __________?
12. The mother gave her children crackers to __________ on while they were in the car.
13. Charles needs to __________ his wardrobe. His clothes look old.
14. Furniture from Ikea has great __________ for young people because it’s stylish and inexpensive.
15. With very little __________ for his own safety, the soldier saved the lives of his comrades.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
by hand in your notebook to save