An expense is something that a person spends money on. Bills, rents, mortgages, and purchases are examples of expenses. The word "expense" is different from the word "expensive." Use the word "expense" as a noun:
- Vanessa’s monthly expenses are too high. She should cut back on spending.
- There are many extra expenses that go along with owning a car.
- After deducting their expenses, the owners of the company discovered they made a profit.
- Owning a house is a huge expense.
- My daily expenses are very low.
- What are your living expenses like?
- A car is an expense that I can do without. (do without = don’t need or don’t want)
His monthly expenses are quite high.
Click here to learn more words.
July 2, 2014