These coins are stacked. There are several stacks of coins. Someone stacked the coins.
When things are arranged vertically, you can say they are stacked.
In these sentences, "stack" is a verb:
- The teacher stacked the books on a table.
- Please stack the dishes in the cabinet.
- A person who works in a warehouse organizes and stacks boxes.
In these sentences, "stack" is a noun:
- There are several stacks of books on the tables.
- Put the dishes in a stack.
- He moved a stack of boxes with a forklift.
In these sentences, "stack" is an adjective:
- A pile of stacked books were too high and fell over.
- The dishes aren’t stacked yet.
Click here to learn more words.
July 21, 2014