The word " enough" refers to an amount of something that is needed or not needed. You can pronounce this word in one of two ways: enough or (a)nough.
- They have enough food. (They don’t need any.)
- They don’t have enough food. (They need more.)
- There’s enough time to play another round of chess.
- Enough people came to the party to make it interesting.
- She never has enough patience when working with difficult customers.
- Is there enough time before the movie to get something to eat?
- You don’t get enough sleep. You need more rest.
- Enough is enough! (This is an expression that people use when they’re frustrated or unhappy about a situation.)
He doesn’t have enough time to finish his test.
This video explains how "enough" can be used as an adjective, an adverb, or as a pronoun:
Click here to learn more words.
First published on June 4, 2014.