A contract is an agreement made between two individuals or groups of people. It’s a legal agreement that is supported and enforceable by laws when a person signs it. (sign = to write one’s name)
- Mary signed a contract.
- Gunther signed his name at the bottom of the contract.
- All parties agreed to the terms of the contract.
- A lease is a contract agreed to by people who rent a place to live or a car.
- Jose and Luis had a verbal contract, and they shook on it.*
- What does it say in the contract?
- Contract negotiations between labor and management can last for several weeks.
- If you break a contract,* you might have to pay a penalty.
He signed the contract.
The word "contractual" is an adjective:
- They have contractual obligations that they have to follow.
- A contractual agreement outlined the lawyer’s relationship to his client.
*break a contract: to ignore or disobey a written agreement.
*shake on it: to shake hands thereby signifying an agreement.
Click here to learn more words.
March 25, 2014