A quota is an amount. A group or an individual is assigned a quota for a particular reason. Going above or below a quota can be good or bad, but it depends on the reason for the quota to exist.
- Bob has already gone above his sales quota for the month of March. That’s very good.
- It looks like Todd isn’t going to make his quota. That’s bad.
- We can relax because we’ve met our quota for the year.
- Nadine is unhappy because she says the quotas set by the company are unrealistic.
- Quotas are necessary in some cases because they help control or limit growth.
- Each country in the world is assigned a quota that limits the number of immigrants coming into the United States.
Click here to learn more words.
March 18, 2014