To reject something or someone is to say "no." It’s the opposite of the word "accept."
- The college rejected Lena’s application. (They said "no.")
- Vanessa rejected Ed’s marriage proposal. (She said "no.")
- Why did she reject him?
- Richard rejects the idea of giving up on this project. (He’ll continue to work on it.)
- The cash machine rejected my card.
The word "rejection" is a noun:
- Ed doesn’t handle rejection very well.
- If you work in sales, you learn to face rejection every day.
- Rejection is something we must all learn to deal with.
The words "rejected" and "rejection" are adjectives.
- Ed feels rejected.
- The trash can was stuffed full of rejected proposals.
- Li received a rejection letter from the company where she applied for a job.
Will she accept or reject his marriage proposal?
Click here to learn more words.
March 28, 2014