The word "retail" is used for stores that provide products to shoppers. Almost any store you go to would be considered a retailer.
- The Mall of America has some of the most popular retail stores in the country.
- Many people have jobs in retail.
- Target is a major retailer in the United States. (The word "retailer" is similar to "company.")
- Some companies have hundreds of different retail locations scattered throughout the country.
- Another way of referring to a retail store is to use the words "bricks and mortar." This is in reference to the physical presence of a store, in contrast to online shopping which is done on the internet.
- Retail shopping is facing some competitive pressure from online sales and wholesalers (manufacturers who sell goods directly to the public).
- Retail workers are not very well paid. If you want to make money working in retail, you have to work as a manager or work at the retailer’s corporate headquarters in information technology or in upper management.
Starbucks has retail locations all over the world.
Click here to learn more words.
March 19, 2014