To trade is to exchange something with another person.You give something to me and I’ll give something to you in return.
They’re trading business cards.
The word "trade" is also used to describe the business of exchanging merchandise, money, or raw materials on a large scale.
- Trade with other countries is important for economic development.
- John trades foreign currency for American dollars.
- Martha trades stocks and bonds on Wall Street.
- Some very large trades yesterday resulted in an increase in the price of gold.
- The company’s trade secrets are carefully guarded. (trade secret = methods of doing business kept private and away from competitors)
- The trademark is on the bottom of the lamp. (trademark = a symbol or logo that identifies a company’s product)
Click here to learn more words.
March 21, 2014