A list is a group of ideas or words ordered for the purpose of completing a task. Verbs like make, keep, create, and have are often used with "list."
- Before going shopping, it’s a good idea to make a list of things that are needed.
- Did you make a list before you went shopping?
- We need to create a list of things to do during our vacation in Colombia.
- I always keep a list of things I need to do in my pocket.
- Hamed has a list of cars that he’s thinking about purchasing.
- A telephone book includes a list of phone numbers for local businesses.
- Airline mechanics use a checklist to make sure everything works well on an airplane.
The word "list" is also a verb:
- List your ideas on a piece of paper.
- You should list the things you need from the store on a piece of paper.
- The government listed the names of people who were in violation of the law.
- Charles lists the names and numbers of his friends on his cell phone.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was published on May 6, 2014.