November 17, 2014 – Word of the Day
A queen is a powerful woman who leads her country or her people. A queen may or may not be married to a king.
- The Queen of England is Queen Elizabeth.
- She has been the queen of the country for a very long time.
- Does the country where you live have a queen?
- The most important bee in a bee hive is the queen.
- Without a queen bee, there can be no bees.
- If you want to keep bees you need a queen.
- The most important piece in chess is the queen.
- The queen can move around the board very easily.
- If you lose your queen, it’s difficult to win.
- In a deck of cards, there are four queens: the queen of hearts, the queen of diamonds, the queen of spades, and the queen of clubs.
- A queen is worth more than a jack but less than a king.
- In blackjack, a queen is worth ten points.
Click here to learn more words.