Word of the Day – October 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. It’s important to __________ meat completely before swallowing it.
2. Renee said that she will __________ the face of any man who is rude to her.
3. Can you help me out? I’m really in a __________.
4. When Richard saw the woman __________ in the water, he knew she needed help.
5. Please don’t be a __________. Share with other people.
6. That dog’s bark is worse than his __________. He won’t hurt you.
7. Bill and Jennifer took out a 30-year __________ when they bought their house.
8. I don’t want to go into that creepy old building. It looks too __________.
9. The pain from the toothache was too much to __________, so Ole took some painkillers.
10. Sometimes traveling by __________ is cheaper than driving.
11. It’s ___________ to get the proper documentation before entering the United States.
12. One way to get rid of garbage is to __________ it deep in the ground.
13. Drivers who aren’t careful when driving on snow and ice will __________ out of control.
14. There’s nothing on this piece of paper. It’s __________.
15. A constant _________ in the stomach should be checked out by a doctor.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.