Use the word "chaos" to describe a situation that is out of control. There is a tragedy and people don’t know what to do. There’s no organization, and panic sets in because it feels like conditions can get worse.
- There was chaos in the streets following the bomb blast.
- It was chaos after the team won the game and the fans flooded the field.
- Chaos broke out when the results of the election were announced.
- The meeting ended in chaos when the president of the company announced that he was resigning.
- Bill doesn’t like dealing with all of the chaos that he’s experiencing at work right now.
The word "chaotic" is an adjective:
- This is becoming a chaotic situation.
- The heat of the battle was completely chaotic, and many soldiers lost their lives.
- Although the soccer match was a little chaotic at times, it was fascinating to watch.
There was chaos in the streets.
Click here to learn more words.
Published on October 31, 2014
Updated on December 21, 2018