A snack is a small amount of food that is eaten between larger meals of breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- An apple is a healthy snack.
- A candy bar is not a healthy snack.
- Linda bought snacks for her kids.
- Tortilla chips are a popular snack food.
- Snacks were provided to the employees before the meeting began.
- Snacking too much will cause a person to gain weight quickly.
- Snack machines sell candy, chips, and donuts.
- Some people eat only snacks.
- Tom always brings snacks to work. He keeps them at his desk.
An apple is a healthy snack.
The word "snack" can also be used as a verb:
- The kids snacked on potato chips while watching TV.
- Moviegoers like to snack on popcorn as they watch a movie.
- If you snack between meals too often, you will gain weight.
- Tom snacks at his desk all day long.
Candy is not a healthy snack.
Click here to learn more words.
Published on October 22, 2014
Updated on December 23, 2018