Word of the Day – August 2015 Quiz #39
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Most men own at least one __________ suit for formal occasions.
2. The citizens of the town demanded __________ for the crime that was committed.
3. Is it __________ to carry a concealed weapon where you live?
4. Tattoo removal is now a growing __________ in the United States.
5. A promotion at work usually comes with new responsibilities and a higher _________.
6. I’ve got twenty dollars burning a hole in my __________.
7. Zelda felt a tremendous amount of __________ before and during her flight.
8. Don was forced to close his business because the products he sold were not __________.
9. Every __________ the leaves turn from green to gold, orange, and red.
10. Starting a new business will __________ a lot of paperwork.
11. Are you sure you are __________ with the idea of moving to a new location?
12. Our __________ needs to be cleaned after last night’s barbecue.
13. Are those flowers __________ or are they artificial?
14. __________ is a color commonly used for carpeting in American homes.
15. Can you _________ to the store to pick up some milk?
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.