The word "justice" is similar to the word "fairness." Justice is usually provided by some sort of legal framework or agreement among members of a society. People get, hope for, need, want, seek, cry out for, and pray for justice.
- Robert is seeking justice through the legal system.
- The people affected by the oil spill were denied justice.
- In some parts of the world, there’s very little justice available to people who are poor.
- Family members of the victim are hoping for justice.
- Following the attack on the village there were cries for justice.
- Some people try to find justice through the use of weapons, but that’s not justice. That’s revenge.
A judge administers justice.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
August 11, 2015