To include is to be a part of something or to make a thing or a person a member of a group.
- There are five people in my family, including me.
- The company tried to include as many people as possible in their decision-making process.
- Our school includes many students from North Africa.
- The total cost for the purchase of the car included tax.
- The monthly cost for owning a car includes gas, insurance, and maintenance.
- The position you are applying for includes a lot of physical labor.
- Does this include batteries? (Are batteries part of the purchase?)
- Are instructions included for this device?
- There’s too much sugar included in this recipe. You can cut back on the sugar. (reduce the sugar)
- If your diet includes a lot of salt, you could develop some health problems.
- It’s a good idea to include fruit and vegetables as a part of your daily diet.
The word "inclusive" is an adjective.
- American society tries to be inclusive by inviting people to participate in all sorts of activities.
- The church we joined is very welcoming and inclusive.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
December 10, 2015