January 18, 2015 – Word of the Day
A radio is an electronic device that sends information wirelessly through electromagnetic waves.
- I like to listen to the radio.
- FM and AM radio stations in the United States play music night and day. (FM = frequency modulation; AM = amplitude modulation. These are types of electromagnetic waves.)
- What’s your favorite radio station?
- Listening to National Public Radio (NPR) on a regular basis is a good way to improve your English.
- A disc jockey is a radio announcer who talks about and plays music on the radio.
- Top 40 radio stations play popular music.
- Shock jocks are radio personalities who discuss controversial topics in order to attract a large audience.
Note: Radio technology is different from wifi technology which requires the existence of the internet in order to send and receive information. Wifi transmissions may also include images and video while radio transmissions involve only sound.
Click here to learn more words.