Word of the Day – July 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. It took us awhile, but __________ we arrived at our destination.
2. Tom had a bad feeling in his _________ about climbing the mountain, so he didn’t do it.
3. What would you be willing to ___________ for the health and safety of your children?
4. Don’t __________ on the window. You might break it.
5. Nahid should __________ down if she isn’t feeling well.
6. After the work was finished, it felt good to _________ open a cold can of pop.
7. You’d better read the __________ print before signing the contract.
8. At what __________ does the average person in your country get married?
9. Fans of the football team celebrated the _________ long past midnight.
10. Concrete is formed from a __________ of cement, water, and gravel which hardens over a short period of time.
11. The city is going to __________ a monument to a local soldier who died fighting in Iraq.
12. The __________ parking lots downtown are being replaced with a beautiful new park.
13. The Tour de France is a famous bike __________ held every summer in Europe.
14. The students said that the math test they took was as easy as __________.
15. A small __________ of blood found at the crime scene was used to find the murderer.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
by hand in your notebook to save