Word of the Day – July 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. It took us awhile, but __________ we arrived at our destination.
2. Tom had a bad feeling in his _________ about climbing the mountain, so he didn’t do it.
3. What would you be willing to ___________ for the health and safety of your children?
4. Don’t __________ on the window. You might break it.
5. Nahid should __________ down if she isn’t feeling well.
6. After the work was finished, it felt good to _________ open a cold can of pop.
7. You’d better read the __________ print before signing the contract.
8. At what __________ does the average person in your country get married?
9. Fans of the football team celebrated the _________ long past midnight.
10. Concrete is formed from a __________ of cement, water, and gravel which hardens over a short period of time.
11. The city is going to __________ a monument to a local soldier who died fighting in Iraq.
12. The __________ parking lots downtown are being replaced with a beautiful new park.
13. The Tour de France is a famous bike __________ held every summer in Europe.
14. The students said that the math test they took was as easy as __________.
15. A small __________ of blood found at the crime scene was used to find the murderer.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.