When water and dirt mix together, they produce a substance known as mud. Some types of mud are very thick and sticky while other types of mud are thin and wash away easily.
- Pigs enjoy wallowing in the mud because it keeps them cool when it’s hot.
- The back of my car is all full of mud because I drove through an area that was wet and dirty.
- Children like to play in the mud.
- If you don’t take of your shoes, you’ll track mud through your house.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, mud wrestling was a fad. (fad = popular for a short time)
- His boots are all full of mud.
- His boots are muddy. (The word "muddy" is an adjective.)
- He has muddy boots.
- When it rains for a very long time, villages in rural areas are threatened by mudslides.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
March 13, 2015