To exercise is to move the mind or the body for the purpose of maintaining mental and physical health. Whether this word is used as a verb or a noun, it takes the same form:
- She exercises. (verb)
- She does exercises. (noun)
- She is exercising by doing yoga. (verb)
- Exercise is good for you. (noun)
- It’s important to exercise your mind as well as your body. (infinitive)
- Exercising provides your mind and your body with positive stimulation. (gerund)
- I exercise every day when riding a bike to school. (verb)
- Riding a bike provides good exercise. (noun)
- Teachers give their students exercises so that they can practice what they have learned. (noun)
He stays in shape with regular exercise.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
May 5, 2015