Word of the Day – April 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Sports offer athletes the opportunity to __________ against each other.
2. There’s a great restaurant just up the __________ from here.
3. My puppy gave me a little __________ on my foot.
4. The boss is starting to crack the __________ on his employees to get more work out of them.
5. John has to __________ his bushes because they’re getting too long.
6. The student asked the teacher to __________ he said.
7. People who go to that coffee shop think of themselves as being really __________.
8. The nurse told the patient to __________ off his clothes and put on a hospital gown.
9. We need to hire a receptionist who can __________ customers when they arrive at our business.
10. These pants are so tight that I don’t really need a __________.
11. Make sure you have a good __________ on this couch before we move it to the truck.
12. Jolene is very lucky. Everything seems to just fall in her __________.
13. Your teacher will send out a __________ to let you know what the Word of the Day is for today.
14. Please, have a __________ and make yourself comfortable.
15. Tony cut himself while shaving just above his upper __________.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.