To worry is to be concerned, nervous, or a little afraid of something. This word can be used as a verb, a noun, and as an adjective.
- What are you worried about? (What are you concerned about?
- You shouldn’t be so worried.
- Try not to worry.
- Katherine is worried about her job.
- This situation worries me.
- Bill has no worries.
- Walter is worrying about the beginning of the school year.
- Do you have any worries about your upcoming exam?
- Terry says she has no worries.
- Worried parents rushed to the school to make sure their kids were okay after a tornado hit the school building.
- The little girl says she feels worried about something, but she won’t tell anyone what it is.
This little girl is worried about something.
What is she worried about?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
August 29, 2016