Click here for audio.
A razor is used for cutting things. Most people use razors for cutting hair off of the face or other parts of the body.
- A man uses a razor to shave his face.
- To shave, you need a razor and shaving cream.
- An electric razor provides a clean, close shave without shaving cream.
- Women use razors to shave their legs.
- Inside a razor is a razor blade.
- A razor blade is extremely sharp.
|He’s shaving his face with a razor.||Some people use an electric razor for shaving.|
The word "razor" can be used as an adverb or an adjective to describe thinness and sharpness.
- The candidate won the race by a razor-thin margin.
- These scissors are razor sharp.
- A prisoner who was trying to escape from prison cut himself on the razor wire surrounding the facility.
- Bill’s razor stubble shows up just a day after he shaves. (razor stubble: the short hair that starts to emerge just days after a person shaves)
Click here to learn more vocabulary.
Date of publication: December 27, 2016