A large area covered with a lot of trees is called a forest.
This is a forest.
- People enjoy walking through a forest.
- Some forests are dark because the trees are tall and they block out sun.
- The tops of the trees in a forest create a canopy. The ground area of a forest is called the floor.
- If a forest becomes too dry, there’s the risk of a forest fire.
- Many animals live in a forest.
- South American countries are home to tropical rain forests.
- A person who studies forestry is interested in protecting forests.
- A person whose job it is to preserve and protect a forest is called a forester.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
May 6, 2016