Word of the Day – October 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. It’s not polite to __________ at someone with a physical disability.
2. The weather for the camping trip was __________. It rained the entire time.
3. People who need a __________ to the airport can call a taxi or an Uber driver.
4. A small __________ in the ceiling indicates a problem that must be fixed immediately.
5. A truck brought a __________ of sand and rocks to the construction site.
6. Before you can rent an apartment you have to sign a __________.
7. A million dollars! Wow! That’s a lot of __________.
8. Cats __________ themselves because that’s how they stay clean.
9. When driving, try to stay in your __________
10. The pilot was unable to _________ his plane so he went to a different airport.
11. A lot of webmasters ask me to __________ to their websites.
12. A __________ television performance is more interesting to watch than one that’s taped.
13. The quilt that Amina made for her niece was a __________ of love.
14. Could you please pick up a __________ of bread when you go to the store?
15. Before you go grocery shopping, you should make a _________ of the things you need.
16. Kevin tried to __________ over the puddle of water, but he fell short and got wet.
17. Read the nutrition __________ to find out what the ingredients are in processed food.
18. Was there any pizza __________ after the party ended?
19. I have to do a load of __________ this weekend.
20. There’s some strange __________ dripping underneath the car.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Video: Words that begin with L