The word "article" refers to a story in a newspaper or magazine, or an article can be a piece of clothing.
- I read an interesting article in the newspaper this morning.
- There’s an article in the most recent Atlantic magazine about what Barack Obama will do next.
- Do you know who wrote the article?
- The article begins on the first page and continues on page 47.
- Several articles have been written recently about the connections between stress and illness.
- This box contains lost articles of clothing.
- There’s an article of clothing stuck in the backseat of the car.
- You are allowed only three articles of clothing in the changing rooms at that store.
Note: An article is also a type of adjective that goes before a noun. The words "a," "an," and "the" are articles.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was published on April 1, 2017.