To build something is to make it. Things we build also increase to a larger size.
Oscar is a carpenter.
- A builder builds houses and other types of buildings.
- A person who wants to make a lot of money builds a business.
- Children like to build things with toys.
- Weightlifters build their muscles by lifting weights.
- People who are in love build a relationship.
- Members of a community build strong, safe neighborhoods.
- You can build your vocabulary by reading and writing in English.
The word "build" can also be a noun. In this case, "build" refers to a person’s body shape.
- That woman has a nice build.
- A man who works out regularly can develop a strong build.
- a football player usually has a good build.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was published on April 2, 2017.