Broccoli is a type of vegetable. It’s green with a compact flowering head. Broccoli is eaten before the flowers open. Cauliflower is similar to broccoli.
- Do you like broccoli?
- Many people like to eat broccoli in stir fry.
- Broccoli can also be steamed or quickly boiled.
- Children have a reputation for not liking broccoli.
- You can put broccoli into salads and casseroles. (A casserole is a large dish containing many different ingredients. Casseroles are baked in the oven.)
- Broccoli can also be eaten raw.
- Eat your broccoli! It’s good for you.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Published on September 2, 2017