A carrot is a root vegetable. It grows in the ground. It’s orange and it has a slightly sweet flavor.
- Do you like carrots?
- Carrots are good for you.
- Eating carrots is good for your eyesight and your immune system.
- Carrots contain beta-carotene which your body uses to make Vitamin A.
- When eaten raw, carrots are hard and crunchy.
- Baby carrots are very popular.
- Carrots become softer when they are cooked.
- Carrots are used in soups and stews.
- Carrot cakes and carrot souffles are delicious.
- A person with red hair may be referred to as a carrot top. My friend Chris is a carrot top.
Note: When describing something in general terms, use the plural form: Carrots are good for you. Not, A carrot is good for you.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Published on September 3, 2017