Word of the Day – April 2018 Quiz #70
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. Isn’t it ____________ to see a foot of snow on the ground in mid-April?
2. We got a strong ___________ of a dead skunk while driving on the highway.
3. Dave and George ____________ too much of their time playing video games.
4. It’s hard to decide ___________ college to choose when the choices are all so good.
5. Cindy became a nervous ____________ when her cat disappeared.
6. Waiting to get married until they both had good jobs was a ____________ decision.
7. When the tires on a car are badly ___________, they must be replaced.
8. Dogs ___________ their tails when they are happy or excited.
9. The woman began to ___________ uncontrollably when she learned her mother had died.
10. Jeffrey used a mop to ____________ up a jar of mayonnaise dropped by a customer.
11. Lawyers need a nice ____________ because they want to impress their clients.
12. We were told there would be a 40-minute ___________ for a table at the restaurant.
13. One of the children was disciplined for using a plastic bat to ___________ another child on the head.
14. Fifteen dollars is the hourly ____________ that some fast-food workers hope to get.
15. Do you think your old car is ____________ keeping, or do you want to sell it?
16. Working together, the girls completed their project in the ___________ of an eye.
17. Lucinda says she can feel her baby kicking around inside her ____________.
18. A little red ____________ was a popular toy to have when I was a kid.
19. The team is hoping to ____________ its next three games on the road.
20. A brassiere is a type of undergarment worn by _____________.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. weird; 2. whiff; 3. waste; 4. which; 5. wreck; 6. wise; 7. worn; 8. wag; 9. weep; 10. wipe; 11. wardrobe; 12. wait; 13. whack; 14. wage; 15. worth; 16. wink; 17. womb; 18. wagon; 19. win; 20. women
Click here for a printable version of this quiz.