A garage is a place where cars are parked or stored.
- A two-car garage is a very common feature for a house in the United States.
- Garages are either attached (part of the house) or detached (separate) from the house.
- Most garage doors are opened with an electric door opener.
- The garage is a great place for kids to play in when it’s raining outside.
- It’s usually possible to enter a house through the garage.
- Parking garages are available in downtown areas of a city.
- A business that fixes cars is also referred to as a garage.
- I have to take my car to the garage for a repair.
There are other uses for a garage:
- You can store all of your junk in a garage.
- If you have too much junk in your garage, you can have a garage sale.
- You can start a garage band.
- Garage bands usually play loud rock music.
- Neighbors are usually unhappy with a garage band nearby.
- You can start a business in a garage in order to save on costs.
- Google started in a garage. Microsoft also got its start in a garage.
Click here for more vocabulary practice.
Published on February 11, 2018