If something is immense, it’s very, very big.
- The Grand Canyon is immense.
- The Milky Way Galaxy is immense.
- Billionaire Mark Cuban lives in a mansion that is immense.
- An immense amount of information flows through the internet every day.
- The problems the country faces with its new president are immense.
- The children of the school had an immense amount of gratitude for their teachers.
- The sequoias found in California are immense.
The word "immensely" is an adverb:
- Warren Buffet is immensely wealthy.
- Oprah Winfrey is immensely famous.
- Our team members are immensely happy with the progress we have made.
- We are immensely grateful for all of your help.
January 10, 2018