Use the word "vital" as an adjective for conditions that are extremely important or necessary, especially conditions that are related to the functioning of a person’s body.
- The heart is a vital organ.
- The liver is also a vital organ.
- Vital signs include your pulse, heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature.
- When you are admitted to a hospital, your nurses and doctors check your vital signs.
- It’s vital that countries learn to work together in order to ensure peace around the world.
- It’s vital to the future of our company that we find new sources of revenue.
- It’s absolutely vital that we pay attention to how human activities affect life on Earth.
The word "vitality" is a noun that refers to a person’s level of energy.
- Camila Cabello possesses tremendous vitality as expressed through her singing and dancing.
- There’s great vitality in modern architecture.
- Olympic athletes are known for their strength and vitality.
- Soccer players who lack vitality on the field might not get to play very often.
Some people believe their vitality can be restored by consuming energy drinks.
Learn more vocabulary here.
Published on January 29, 2018