Coffee is a popular beverage all around the world. In the United States, many people like to drink coffee in the morning, but there are some who drink it all day long. Coffee is produced by roasting coffee beans which are brewed by adding water and heat.
- I drink two cups of coffee every morning.
- Would you like me to make a pot of coffee? (a pot of coffee = a large container of coffee–usually glass)
- Coffee has a great aroma. (aroma = a good smell)
- Starbucks is a popular place to get coffee.
- Coffee has caffeine in it. Caffeine is a stimulant.
- Coffee helps people wake up in the morning.
- Do you like to drink coffee?
- Do you prefer tea over coffee?
She’s holding a pot of coffee in her right hand and a cup of coffee in her left hand.
The word "coffee" is often used as part of a compound noun. A compound noun is two nouns used together to refer to one thing.
- A coffee shop is a place that sells coffee.
- A coffee table is a small table that is put in front of a couch. Coffee tables are commonly found in American living rooms.
- Coffee cake is a morning pastry that people like to eat with coffee.
- A coffee maker is a machine that makes coffee.
Learn more vocabulary by clicking here.
July 26, 2018