When something expires, it’s out of date or it has reached some limit that makes it unusable.
- If your driver’s license is about to expire, you have to renew it. You can’t drive on an expired license.
- If a package of food has an expiration date, you must check it to see if the package of food has expired. If so, you should probably throw the food away.
- A coupon offering a discount on a purchase might expire if you don’t use it.
- I wasn’t able to use a coupon for a car repair because the coupon had expired.
- Sometimes I don’t throw away food past the expiration date because the food is still good.
Here are some typical questions people ask to find out when something expires:
- When does this expire?
- What is the expiration date?
- How much time do I have before this expires?
- Does this offer ever expire?
This carton of half and half has expired.
To learn more new words, click here.
July 31, 2018