The word "bobble" is a verb that is used when someone drops something or makes a mistake.
- The player tried to catch the ball, but he bobbled it and it fell to the ground.
- In the last play of an important football game, the quarterback bobbled the ball when it was tossed to him, resulting in a fumble. (fumble = a "live" ball dropped and available for the opposing team to pick up.)
- The ball was bobbled and the team lost the game.
- A waitress bobbled some plates she had picked up from a table. Despite her best efforts to save the plates from falling, they crashed to the ground.
- When a game show contestant bobbled the answer to a simple question, everyone knew she was going to lose.
A bobblehead is a type of toy or novelty collected by children and adults.
- Upon entering the baseball stadium, we were given souvenir bobbleheads that resembled some of the players.
- The people at the meeting looked like a bunch of bobbleheads as they agreed with absolutely everthing their boss had to say.
- Jerry’s bobblehead collection includes Obama and Clinton bobbleheads.
Obama and Clinton bobbleheads
Learn more words by clicking here.
March 26, 2018