A task is some kind of a small job or assignment. There are tasks at work, at school, at home, and any place that requires some sort of an effort to accomplish something.
- I thought it would be easy to change the headlight on my car, but it turned out to be a difficult task.
- If you don’t fulfill certain tasks at work, you might lose your job.
- Jerry is a very good at tasks that require estimating costs.
- Sarah made a list of tasks that have to be completed before next weekend.
- We should hire someone to perform this task. It’s too time consuming.
- The U.S. military sent a task force into Afghanistan to help the government get rid of an insurgency. (task force = a group of people with a specific assignment.)
- Our supervisor has a reputation for being a taskmaster. (taskmaster = a person who tells other people what to do.)
- Fixing a flat tire on a bike is an easy task.
Paperwork is one of the tasks at work that he hates the most.
Learn more vocabulary here.
March 17, 2018