The word "vein" is often used to refer to the vessels that help circulate blood throughout the body. The specific job of a vein is to bring blood back to the heart. The word "vein is also used for plants.
- Blood is drawn from a vein in your arm.
- A phlebotomist is a person who draws blood from a vein.
- How does a phlebotomist find a good vein from which to take blood?
- Certain people can see veins on their arms, their hands, and on their feet.
- Veins pop out when the flow of blood is restricted. (pop out = to be visible)
- Some people are afflicted with varicose veins on their legs. Varicose veins indicate the potential for blood clots.
- Veins in a plant move water and nutrients throughout the plant.
The veins in this leaf are easily visible.
Learn more vocabulary here.
Published on March 1, 2018