The word "main" is similar to the word "central." When something is "main," it’s very important or it’s first.
- Many American cities have a Main Street.
- Main Street is the place where people go to eat, shop, get a haircut, or meet other people.
- Your English teacher might ask you about the main idea in an essay or in a paragraph.
- What’s the main idea?
- The main idea is supported by evidence and examples.
- The main point in an argument is the most important principal or idea that a person is trying to communicate.
- The main entrance to a building is the place where most people enter.
- The main course of a meal is eaten after an appetizer, a salad, or soup.
- The main event at a performance is the one everyone comes to see.
- Many different main arteries ensure the flow of blood throughout your body.
Click here to learn more vocabulary.
May 18, 2018