When a person tries to fool another person, the word "prank" is used. A prank is usually humorous, but sometimes a prank is mean or dangerous. Words synonymous with "prank" include "trick" and "stunt." You can also call a prank a practical joke.
- The students pulled a prank on the teacher.
- The students stacked all of the tables and chairs in the middle of the room. It was a harmless prank.
- On Halloween, kids who go trick-or-treating might pull a prank on people in their neighborhood.
- Smashing a pumpkin in the street is a common prank.
- Prank phone calls are phony phone calls made to people who answer and believe that the call is real.
- Bart Simpson pranked Moe’s Bar when he called and asked for Amanda Hugginkiss. (In this sentence, the word "prank" is used as a verb.)
There are many different kinds of pranks:
Click here to learn more vocabulary words.
October 31, 2018