A location is a place.
- This is a beautiful location.
- They live in a good location.
- The company is looking for a new location to do business.
- We’re moving to a new location.
- The location of the buried treasure is a secret. It’s in a secret location.
- That’s a bad location for setting up a cafe.
- The location doesn’t receive enough foot traffic.
- The movie is being shot on location. (The setting for the film and the actual place for filming it are the same.)
- Every real estate agent says the most important thing about buying a house is location, location, location. (This is a popular thing to say when it comes to finding a place to live or do business.)
The word "locate" is a verb.
- The house is located in a nice neighborhood.
- The hotel is located near the airport.
- There’s a gas station located along the highway.
- Where are you located?
- Are you located in an area that’s safe?
- Where is the heart located in a person’s body?
- Where are the kidneys located?
- I’m trying to locate a nearby hotel on my phone.
- This place is very hard to locate.
- My company is asking me to relocate. (relocate = move to a new location)
Click here for more English vocabulary.
August 20, 2019